Book Review : Veins Of Magic by Emma Hamm


Veins of Magic
Series : The Otherworld #2
Author : Emma Hamm
Publication Date : December 19th, 2017
Genres : Fantasy, Romance
The conclusion of Heart of the Fae, where Beauty and the Beast meets Irish Mythology.

Once upon a time…

Heartache dogs the steps of Sorcha of Ui Neill. Although she is home with her family, she is unable to shake the memories of her time in Hy-brasil. She heals with a heavy heart, tells stories with melancholy words, and cannot forget the magic of the Otherworld. When an opportunity arises to return to her beloved Fae Prince, she makes a questionable deal. Dark magic, druidic curses, and a witch open a portal and send her tumbling into the middle of a war she must end for the sake of all who dwell in the Otherworld.

Saving the faeries will not be easy when she has become a woman they fear.

The once banished king battles his way through the Otherworld, freeing the Lesser Fae with each swing of his sword. Each attack turns Eamonn into something far more beastly than before. Geodes multiply and hinder his movements, harden his heart, and crystalize his resolve.

Together, they face the King of the Seelie Fae and his golden army to end the war that will change the fate of the Otherworld forever.

I love fairytale retellings!I've almost read all of the ones available so when I came across a new Beauty and the Beast retelling in Heart Of The Fae, I knew I had to have it, especially since it was written by Emma Hamm!I've loved her writing from the time I read The Goblin Bride two years back.And this series was just another unique treat!

Veins of Magic picks up where we left of in Heart Of The Fae,with Eamonn going off to fight his brother and Sorcha trying to find a cure to the beetle plague.The previous book focused on the journey of the characters while they meet each other,the development of their relationships and the setting up of a world which was uniquely beautiful and amazing.In this book the characters start off with quests of their own, and their personal development from the protagonists that we saw in book one to the strong characters that we see here was very well done!They are very well fleshed out with a strong supporting cast too!The world building, the descriptions and the history was also mesmerizing.

I was waiting for the moment when Sorcha and Eamonn would meet again and it did not disappoint!I read this book in one complete sitting and the ending had me jumping with joy!

I've fallen in love with this world and this series and I hope there are more books to come! :D
So,what are you waiting for?If you haven't started this series yet, I urge you to give it a try!You will definitely love it!

Find out where it all started in :

Heart Of The Fae

I am from a very small rural town in Maine. I grew up amid blueberry fields, a farm full of animals, and surrounded by family. It was one of the best ways for a child to grow up. Horses blew puffs of sweet smelling breath in my hair, goats teased me until I giggled, and someone who loved me was always there to pick me up when I fell. I am truly blessed to have grown up in such a fashion.

The love of creative story telling started when I was very young. I used to “act out” the way a story should have gone and argued with my mother constantly about the endings of movies. I wrote a little bit, and eventually found myself in the online writing community. My love of characters blossomed and grew thanks to the ever vigilant parents who convinced me that imagination was one of the greatest gifts of the human mind. I wrote, I created, I read as many books as I could next to the fireplace.

I am inspired by the works of authors like Clive Barker, Mark Danielewski, Patricia Briggs, Clare B. Dunkle, and so many more. 

Thank you all for your support, love, and kindness.