Book Review : Blood Of Angels by Kathryn Ann Kingsley

Blood of Angels by Kathryn Ann Kingsley
Series : Halfway Between #2
Genre : New Adult Paranormal Romance
Publisher : Limitless Publishing
Publication Date : February 4th, 2020
When I learned the truth of what I was seventy years ago, let’s just say, I didn’t take it well.

I’m not human. I never was.

I’m a homunculus crafted by two creatures for their benefit. Azrael, the archangel of death, made me to be his daughter and Asmodeus, the archdemon of lust, created me to be his wife.

That’s the simplest part of my life right now.

Now, there’s a murderous cult in the city of Boston who’s abducting angels and demons. I thought this had nothing to do with me, but Octavian, the cult’s leader, wants to show me how very wrong I was.

I’m trapped between my desire to fight the cult, and fighting my desire for Asmodeus. He loves me, and I loved him once. But in the face of all his lies, I’m not sure if I can—or should—love him again.

With Octavian closing in, taking more and more of the archangels and archdemons for some mysterious purpose, I may never get the chance to decide how I feel.

I may not make it through this at all.

Available on KU!

What an amazing sequel to Shadow Of Angels!❣️
There were so many revelations and with new characters entering the scene, it was a roller coaster ride!
Blood Of Angels picks up immediately from the cliffy, that was at the end of Shadow Of Angels! We get to meet Michael the archangel and he's such a hoot!😂 Lol! At the end of book one, I was really worried for Veil and her group, but turns out I shouldn't have! Because Michael is such a wonderful addition to it!

We also get to learn even more about heaven, hell and earth! This part was really fascinating because I've read many books with angels/demons that have their own take on mythology and creation with extensive imagination, but the world-building in this one is pretty simple and I love how the author tackled the subject!(You'll have to read the book to find out! No spoilers!)

Veil was quite problematic in this book with her mixed feelings of self-resentment, attraction and confusion! But, I can understand why she feels this way, so I think we should cut her some slack! I loved how Michael basically told her to just pull her head out of her ass and decide! Because she would've kept waffling between hating Asmodeus and lusting after him if he hadn't done it!

And now to the my favorite part - Asmodeus and Veil! I lovvved these two together! The steamy scenes were 🔥🔥🔥 and I was fanning myself while reading them! Plus, it was great to see the contrast between Alistair, who was trying his best to be human, and Asmodeus (demon level maxxx+hotness)! The flashback scenes were amazing and they slowly gave us more hints about their past together!

Also, we get to finally meet Octavian and he's a bag of nuts! The last chapter had me like 😱!
Why must you do this to us Kat?😢
Please give us the next book soon!!!
And I miss Melon so much! Hope we get to see him again in the next book!

Haven't started this series yet? What are you waiting for? Go grab it!

You can also find my review of the first book here!

Kat has always been a storyteller. With ten years in script-writing for performances on both the stage and for tourism, she has always been writing in one form or another. When she isn’t penning down fiction, she works as Creative Director for a company that designs and builds large-scale interactive adventure games. There, she is the lead concept designer, handling everything from game and set design, to audio and lighting, to illustration and script writing. Also on her list of skills are artistic direction, scenic painting and props, special effects, and electronics. A graduate of Boston University with a BFA in Theatre Design, she has a passion for unique, creative, and unconventional experiences. In her spare time, she builds animatronics and takes trapeze classes.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon | Goodreads | Bookbub

Hosted by

Comments