Book Review : Below Zero by Ali Hazelwood



Below Zero by Ali Hazelwood
Series : The STEMinist Novellas #3
Genre : Contemporary Romance
Publisher : Berkley
Publication date : July 5th 2022
 
It will take the frosty terrain of the Arctic to show these rival scientists that their chemistry burns hot.

Mara, Sadie, and Hannah are friends first, scientists always. Though their fields of study might take them to different corners of the world, they can all agree on this universal truth: when it comes to love and science, opposites attract and rivals make you burn…

Hannah’s got a bad feeling about this. Not only has the NASA aerospace engineer found herself injured and stranded at a remote Arctic research station—but the one person willing to undertake the hazardous rescue mission is her longtime rival.

Ian has been many things to Hannah: the villain who tried to veto her expedition and ruin her career, the man who stars in her most deliciously lurid dreams…but he’s never played the hero. So why is he risking everything to be here? And why does his presence seem just as dangerous to her heart as the coming snowstorm?

I just finished reading books 2 and 3 of the STEMinist novellas by Ali Hazelwood awhile back. Kinda read them out of order but it didn't make a difference ๐Ÿ˜‚ Also I vaguely remember listening to the audiobook of Below Zero a few months back but idk what I was busy with, I wasn't paying much attention, so I decided to read the ebook again now ๐Ÿ˜‚ I think I liked this one the best among the three? Below Zero and Under One Roof were both great! I finished it within 2 hrs and it hit the right spot by being short but fun!⁣
Below Zero has Hannah, an aerospace engineer who finds herself injured and stuck outside the NASA research station on Svalbard Islands, Norway as a storm approaches and the only one who comes to her rescue is Ian, her friend's long lost cousin who also works at NASA and one that she wanted to you know *get to know better* ๐Ÿ˜ but he later vetoes this expedition of hers after she starts working at NASA. So, she hates him. Kind of.⁣
But, you know there's a reason for it. Even if she doesn't believe it. If you read these novellas I think you'll notice that all of them have the miscommunication trope, so it depends on whether this works for you. I think I loved Ian more than Hannah at times? He was such a sweet guy and cinnamon roll lol ๐Ÿ˜† While Hannah is very straightforward but also hides herself behind a shell. I did like the steam between them and how they geeked out together about all the Mars stuff๐Ÿคฃ⁣
Is it weird that I was wanting them to spend more time stuck in a blizzard or something? Sharing a tent? That'd have gone in the survival romance direction but I'm always wanting something like Whiteout by Adriana Anders lol ๐Ÿ˜†⁣
I also liked seeing Mara, Sadie and Hannah together in this one! Would've liked a bit more details in the epilogue, especially about what happens to that Dr.Merel guy!⁣
Anyway, I would definitely recommend this one if you're looking for something short, fun and steamy!⁣
P.S. Can you really bring anyone into the JPL like that and do stuff?๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ˜‚

You can also find my review on Instagram here


I'm Ali, and I write contemporary romcom novels about women in STEM and academia. I love cats, Nutella, and side ponytails. I'm also currently learning to crochet, so as you can tell I'm a super busy gal with an intense and exciting life!


Comments