Book Review : Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas


Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas

Series : The Travis Family #1

Genre : Contemporary Romance

Publisher : St. Martin's Press

Publication Date : March 6th, 2007

She's from the wrong side of the tracks.


Liberty Jones has dreams and determination that will take her far away from Welcome, Texas—if she can keep her wild heart from ruling her mind. Hardy Cates sees Liberty as completely off-limits. His own ambitions are bigger than Welcome, and Liberty Jones is a complication he doesn't need. But something magical and potent draws them to each other, in a dangerous attraction that is stronger than both of them.


He's the one man she can't have.


When Hardy leaves town to pursue his plans, Liberty finds herself alone with a young sister to raise. Soon Liberty finds herself under the spell of a billionaire tycoon—a Sugar Daddy, one might say. But the relationship goes deeper than people think, and Liberty begins to discover secrets about her own family's past.


Will they find their hearts' desire or will heartbreak forever tear them apart?


Two men. One woman. A choice that can make her or break her. A woman you'll root for every step of the way. A love story you'll never forget.


Amazon

B&N

Apple

Kobo

Lisa Kleypas is one of my all time favorites when it comes to historical romance but I've had her contemporary romance series on my tbr for a long time and I finally decided to read it! I'd have to say that the title and the blurb don't really do a good job describing this one😂 In fact it was very different from what I was expecting but Lisa has always been good at crafting characters that you can't help but root for! Surprisingly the first half of this one had me feeling like it straddled the line between women's fiction and contemporary romance, and only in the second half did it fully go into romance territory! Also, I'm very glad that I had read the synopsis for book two and remembered the MMC's name in that one, so I didn't get my hopes up for the wrong guy here 🥴😂 I mean it's pretty obvious by 60% who the love interest is going to be but there are many moments in the first half that would've had readers thinking otherwise.⁣

We follow the story of Liberty Jones here starting from the time she moved to Welcome, Texas during her teens and we accompany her through all the ups and downs in her life - from falling in love for the first time to the birth of her sister, Carrington and how she ends up being her sister's guardian. It was really nice to see her character growth and how her confidence slowly grew over the course of the story. Sometimes I did feel like she was a bit too nice but I guess that's why everyone's drawn to her. It was really lovely to see her relationship with her sister though! They have such a close bond and while Liberty loves her more than anything, she does struggle with certain aspects of parenting as any sibling suddenly thrust into this role would! The romance was pretty good too but I definitely needed more interactions between the characters especially as it felt rushed toward the end after some drama! I'll still be reading Blue Eyed Devil because I need more Hardy but I hope the romance in it is better than this one!


You can also find this review on my bookstagram here




LISA KLEYPAS is the RITA award-winning author of 21 novels. Her books are published in fourteen languages and are bestsellers all over the world. She lives in Washington State with her husband and two children.


Website | Facebook | Instagram


Comments