Book Review : Fall Of Angels by Kathryn Ann Kingsley




Fall of Angels by Kathryn Ann Kingsley
Series : Halfway Between #3
Genre : New Adult Paranormal Romance
Publisher : Limitless Publishing
Publication Date : March 4th, 2020
Asmodeus lied to me.

While I shouldn’t be surprised, to say my feelings for the archdemon are complicated is putting it lightly. But now, I don’t even know if I’ll ever have the chance to decide how I feel about him.

Unfortunately, I know the terrible truth.

Asmodeus told me that I was the only homunculus he made that survived—but there’s another one. The leader of the deadly cult that’s been abducting archangels and archdemons, Octavian, is just like me. He’s a creature made from the flesh of others and given a life he didn’t want.

I’m Octavian’s prisoner now. He’s a sadist and a monster, and I can’t die. That’s a terrible combination. He’s eager to tell me all of what he knows, and why he’s been killing people and taking angels—but it’ll come at a price.

A price I don’t know if I can afford to pay. But I get the feeling I don’t have a choice. I just hope Michael, Azrael, and the others can find me before it’s too late.

I might not be able to die, but there are far worse fates than death. 

Available on KU!
Finally! We've got the last book in the series and I'm torn between happiness that I got to read this one and sadness that this series is over!
Also can I note that this one has the most beautiful cover in the series! Veil looks so pretty in this one and there's Azrael with his glass stained wings!

Fall Of Angels was a little bit more darker than the previous installments! The threat of Octavian is serious and we finally get to find more about his origins and the reason behind his actions.
Poor Veil is pretty much put through the wringer! The first few chapters are pretty gruesome and I'm so proud of Veil for staying strong despite the circumstances!

The angels and the demons were pretty annoying at first, especially Azrael! But, I could understand why he wanted to hold on to his vow for so long. And I was super sad that just when Asmodeus and Veil had begun to put aside their differences, shit hits the fan! The latter half of the book picks up the pace and was high on action. I loved the scenes where Asmodeus showed Veil his past and the reason for his actions! You could truly understand the reason why he wanted to create Veil.

But the last few chapters had me sobbing though! If you've read The Masks of Under series then you would know that the author doesn't hesitate while killing off some characters! I won't give away any spoilers but I was super sad because of a certain someone's death!
Also I really loved how the concept of God and everything was handled in this one! I'd have liked it a lot more if Asmodeus and Veil got to spend more time together, but I think the last few chapters were quite satisfying! I feel sorry for Azrael because I think he's the most 'human' angel among all of them!
I'm a little sad that we have to say goodbye to some of our favorite characters but perhaps there might be hope for spin-off books with other characters? 

You can also find my reviews of the first two books in the series here:

 

Kat has always been a storyteller. With ten years in script-writing for performances on both the stage and for tourism, she has always been writing in one form or another. When she isn’t penning down fiction, she works as Creative Director for a company that designs and builds large-scale interactive adventure games. There, she is the lead concept designer, handling everything from game and set design, to audio and lighting, to illustration and script writing. Also on her list of skills are artistic direction, scenic painting and props, special effects, and electronics. A graduate of Boston University with a BFA in Theatre Design, she has a passion for unique, creative, and unconventional experiences. In her spare time, she builds animatronics and takes trapeze classes.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon | Goodreads | Bookbub

Hosted by

Comments