Book Review : Threshold of Annihilation by T.A. White


Threshold of Annihilation by T.A.White
Series : The Firebird Chronicles #3
Genre : Science Fiction, Space Opera
Publication Date : December 15th, 2020
When her most closely guarded secrets are laid bare, how will Kira survive the inevitable fall out—and will anybody be standing beside her in the end?

Traveling to the planet of Jettie in the hopes of finding safe harbor for her niece, Kira arrives only to find their destination host to the quorum—a series of dangerous contests that hold the power to decide the fate of empires.

With little choice but to participate, it doesn’t take long for Kira to find herself knee deep in enemies. Surrounded on all sides, Kira will have to face her worst fear. Trusting others with the truth.

Because it’s becoming clear the tsavitee are no longer content to exist in the shadows. War is coming—and everything Kira thought she once knew is about to change.

Aah! I was so excited to meet Kira, Jin and Graydon back again in this book! The previous book's ending had me screaming for more, so Threshold of Annihilation was a highly anticipated one that I was glad to finally get my hands on!

I was glad to get a lot of my questions answered and have many of my speculations confirmed in this one! We also get to meet Elena who is adorable and such a smart ass at the same time. She's exactly a mini version of Kira lol! :D 
Some of the things that she did were typical teen-rebellion stuff, where she does the exact opposite of what you'd tell her not to do, but most of the plot in the book would have gone nowhere without her. So, I guess she must be thanked for some things!

Kira and Jin maintain their same bad-ass, snarky combination! I love the tacit understanding that they have with each other. Also, just like all the other T.A. White heroines, Kira is flawed and beautiful at the same time. I've been loving the slow character development that she's going through, while she retains some of her characteristics like her recklessness when it comes to taking risks.

We finally get to see her trusting her new found friends and family with her secrets, and I'm glad that she has come this far. She was quite stubborn in the first two books when it came to not trusting anyone. Now she's slowly mending her relationships while learning new things and that's beautiful to watch.

Also, we get a lot of progress in the slow burn relationship between Kira and Graydon! It was worth the wait and Graydon is perfect when it comes to slowly pushing Kira's boundaries without being overbearing. And he manages to slowly bring down her walls! The chemistry and tension between them is off the charts!

We've got a bigger cast of secondary characters in this book and I loved almost all of them! Finn in particular was one of my favorites! I loved how he has slowly begun to be more flexible for Kira, unlike other Tuann, and in turn Kira begins to trust him a lot more.
Also, almost all the three races - Human, Tuann and Tsavitee, are at a turning point with lots of traitors and saviors. In the end, it boils down to the greed that every living being has, and once there is a fissure, everything starts pouring out through the cracks.

Though this book gave us a lot more details, it did bring in many other questions too. Especially about the forty-three and what role will they play in the future. What's going to happen with Elise and will Jin perhaps get a human body later? Many unanswered questions! I hope the next book comes out soon as I need moooore! :D


You can also find my review for the previous book in the series here : 



Writing is my first love. Even before I could read or put coherent sentences down on paper, I would beg the older kids to team up with me for the purpose of crafting ghost stories to share with our friends. This first writing partnership came to a tragic end when my coauthor decided to quit a day later, and I threw my cookies at her head. Today, I stick with solo writing, telling the stories that would otherwise keep me up at night.

Most days (and nights) are spent feeding my tea addiction while defending the computer keyboard from my feline companions , Loki and Odin.

Comments